Join Our Team
Human Resources Manager / Controller
Department: Human Resources
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Who we are:
Albion Financial Group is an investment advisory firm founded 40 years ago in Alta, Utah. As a fee-only fiduciary from day one, we have always put our clients’ interests first in everything that we do. After four decades of growth driven almost exclusively by referrals and word-of-mouth, we now work with hundreds of families in Utah and around the country, helping each of them make a lifetime of good financial decisions. Our team of wealth advisors and financial planners works closely with our clients to understand their financial goals, cash flow needs, investment time horizon, and risk tolerance. Our investment team’s job is to put each client’s individualized financial plan into action through fundamental investment research, portfolio construction, risk monitoring, and careful handling of any special circumstances that might be unique to a particular client.
What you will do:
This position combines HR responsibilities, core bookkeeping responsibilities, and direct reporting to the shareholders and Board of Directors. The successful candidate will be comfortable with accounting, enjoy tackling projects, and will be extremely organized.
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with a cohesive, caring and collegial group of approximately thirty people all motivated to help one another achieve personal excellence.
- To share a common goal of improving the financial lives of each of our client families.
- The opportunity to work directly with the Senior Management team and the Board of Directors.
- Competitive compensation, including a full benefits package and 401(k) with employer contributions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating communications and documentation when onboarding new employees as well as ensuring separation of service processes are followed when an employee departs or retires.
- Ensuring all payroll information is correct and managing the payroll process through our vendor (ADP).
- Coordinating and ensuring accuracy of employee benefit accounts including 401(k) contributions, cafeteria plan benefits, employee loans, and health, dental, disability and life insurance. You will also coordinate with our retirement plan third party administrator to ensure plan contributions, distributions, additions and disbursements are correct.
- Help management with the annual year-end Look Back – Look Forward sessions (Albion’s version of an annual review) and maintain appropriate records for each employee.
- Initiate track and maintain our business insurance including Errors & Omissions, Fidelity Bond, and Cyber Policy.
- Manage our accounts payable, accounts receivable, and regularly reconcile bank accounts against expected disbursements to ensure accuracy and forestall financial fraud.
- Maintain accurate financial reporting including proper allocations to accrued expense accounts.
- Maintain shareholder records and shareholder agreements. Coordinate activities for the Board of Directors and for shareholders in concert with Senior Management.
- Coordinate with Albion’s accountants for year-end tax compilation and other CPA related issues.
- Ability to learn quickly and a desire to share knowledge with others
- Motivated self-starter capable of consistently executing established procedures who also possesses a relentless desire to serve others and make things better
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to synthesize complex information and communicate key messages
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to respond to shifting priorities
- Undergraduate or graduate level education in accounting
- Prefer at least three years’ experience with business accounting
- Experience with Quickbooks, preferably Quickbooks online
If you aren’t sure that you meet some of our requirements but you’re otherwise awesome, please apply anyway and tell us how you could help Albion.
EEO Policy Statement:
Albion Financial Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.